Monday, October 4, 2010

Great tool for comparing multiple files

I had applied some "hotfixes" to some of our XSLT production code without ever building a new installer. This caused the files in production to get out of sync with what I had in my development environment and in Source safe.

I needed a way to compare multiple files at once because it would of taken forever to go one by one, and I did not want to just guess based on the modified date.

Luckily I found a free tool called KDiff3. I highly recommend this tool, it works just as expected and can potentially save you a lot of time when troubleshooting.




Download it here: http://kdiff3.sourceforge.net/

Does anyone have experience with any other compare tools? After trying KDiff3 I did not bother looking any further because the tool worked so well.

No comments: